Illawarra Area Child Care Ltd (IACC) has successfully managed community owned early childhood services for almost 30 years, and has grown to be an organisation held in high regard in the early childhood education and care sector. IACC manages 6 long day care centres, 3 occasional care centres and 2 multi-purpose services in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven regions.
IACC is committed to providing optimum work environments for staff and well resourced early childhood environments for young children and families. We value positive relationships, collaborative approaches and working cross culturally with understanding and respect. We encourage our services to be individual, inspiring, innovative and resourceful. In addition we work closely with local, state and federal governments, the local community, and related early childhood agencies to provide quality early childhood education and care and early childhood training.
In 1988, IACC established the Early Childhood Training and Resource Centre (ECTARC), a registered training organisation specialising in early childhood training to provide support programs for our employees. ECTARC is now a multiple award winning training organisation that support and trains students in a range of qualifications and professional development.
The Board of Management
This is a voluntary Board of Management whose membership is made up of parent representatives from each of IACC’s services and members of the local community. The Board is responsible for the overall management of the services. The Board must ensure that all services operate within licensing regulations and adhere to all legislative requirements governing children’s services. The Centre Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of their service.
- Jan Langtry - IACC CEO
- George Thomson - President
- Lisa Miller - Treasurer
- Shane Young - representing Jerry Bailey Children's Centre
- Branko Bosaneir - representing Short Street Occasional Care Centre
- Jonathan Wheaton - representing Smith Street Children's Centre
- Leanne Griffiths - Community Representative
- Kerry Little - representing Alunga Children's Centre
- Gary Wells - representing Clipper Road Children's Centre
- Julie Norris - representing Wallaroo Children's Centre
- Taryn De Jonge - representing Keiraview Children's Centre
- Lucinda Cheke - representing Hospital Hill Occasional Care Centre
IACC Head Office
IACC Head Office is located at 2/210 Shellharbour Road, Warrawong, 2502. The office is down Lighthouse Lane, behind Harvey Norman. IACC office hours are 8.30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
The CEO of Illawarra Area Child Care is Jan Langtry.
Early Childhood Service Managers are Kathryn Barker and Melissa Wicks
The IACC Vision
Inspiring, engaging environments that foster confident, involved learners.
A leading, dynamic and respected early childhood training provider.
The IACC Mission Statement
- Providing quality teaching and learning that delivers best outcomes for children.
- Building strong connections with our families, students, communities and partner organisations to
strengthen service delivery.
- Practice that supports the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and children.
- Ongoing reflection guides our decision making and future practice.
- Professional learning to enhance the skills and knowledge of our staff to enrich service delivery.
- Providing access to innovative programs, customised training and nationally recognised qualifications.